"J" is for Jargon

Jargon. [jahr-guhn, -gon]
–noun
the language, especially the vocabulary, peculiar to a particular trade, profession, or group: medical jargon
Most people, myself included, hate it when they're talking to someone, be it a friend or a professional (like a lawyer or doctor), and they won't stop using terms you just don't understand when explaining something. Cheesus! "Could you repeat everything you just said but in plain Filipino/English, this time?" In situation like this, jargon is annoying. Part of me thinks that the person you're talking to is probably so wrapped up in your conversation that they don't realize that they're using unfamiliar terms. The other part of me thinks they're doing it on purpose. It feels like she/he's underestimating your brain power. Woah! maybe, I'm just over reacting. Gah! But still, I fucking hate it!

Comments