Rediscovering Baguio

After about 4 years, I came back to what was dubbed as the summer capital of the Philippines. I remember quite vaguely the details of how it looked like in the past but what lingered in my memory was how me and my family enjoyed the city of beautiful trees, flowers, and American architecture.

It takes about 6-7 hours to travel from Manila to Baguio City. I love traveling but I hate sitting in the car for long hours. When we arrived in Baguio, I felt the cold breeze of the place. For me it was relaxing, since we came from a 32 degrees place, Manila. I reached for my camera and we opened the window to savor the cool air breeze. It would be so cool to have an all-day and citywide air conditioning system. Lol! :P

The famous Lion's Head at the side of Kennon Road. This landmark is synonymous to Baguio City. I remember being so happy that I got my picture taken at long last here at this site. There are vendors in the area as well, so, if you forgot to buy pasalubong, you can take your pick here.

This was the house where we stayed in. It was big enough with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and living room. I tried as much as possible not to think of ghosts. Haha! It's 3-5 minutes away from Legarda Road. If you only want a place to stay for a reasonable price, this is good. The place is quiet, the view is stunning and the room is beautifully furnished and spacious.


At night, we can see all the beautiful lights coming from the houses below us.


Anyway, here are some of the highlights of the trip:

Burnham Park. We chose the boat that offers 1 hour of use for only P150. It was 5 in the afternoon, cold and breezy, and the experience at the lake was awesome.


250+ steps towards the Lourdes Grotto. Literally, breathtaking.


Time for shopping for vegetables to bring back home. Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, Benguet is the best bargain place for veggies. The prices were incredible!



50's Diner offers generous, hearty meals at a very sulit price. What's sulit? It's getting more than what you paid for. There were also wall movie posters from old Hollywood and a vintage car. Coolness Lvl 9000!


We met four huge Saint Bernard dogs at the Mines View. They are gentle, furry giants, and I feel for them. They've become tourist attractions already. I hope they're able to rest well afterwards. Then further along the park is a view deck. There's a vast view of an abandoned mine now cramped with residential houses and some forest cover.


Picture Taking infront of The Mansion. A cliché thing to do in Baguio City.


We check out this Crystal Cave place somewhere in Marcos Highway. (Hindi ako sumama pumasok. Hehe!) Unfortunately, the cave got not much to offer, so after reaching the end they immediately went back. Sabi ni Papa maganda daw ito noon. Sayang napabayaan.


On the last night of our stay, we went to Kubo Grill. Beer time! Hehe! I just notice that each kubo is full of young Koreans.


Rediscovering Baguio City was indeed a wonderful, cold experience worth posting in this blog. And now back to Manila’s humid weather.

Comments