What does it feel like to be loved?

I don't mean what does it feel like to be in love with someone - that I know. I'm asking for what it's like to be loved back?

I was asked recently about what made me feel loved in the past, and I couldn't come up with anything. Maybe I've never been loved; maybe I just never FELT like I was loved. The people who have said the words have all gone on to treat me quite badly or with indifference; making me feel like it's just something meaningless that people say, or that the people who have said it didn't mean it. But there must be something to it, because people with love in their lives seem to have a confidence and feeling of security that comes from knowing that they're loved - something that I've never had.

What's it like to feel loved? I’m not desperate; I just want to feel loved and ... wanted, I want to know how it feels to be loved by someone. I want to know how it feels to be called “Baby”, to hold hands with someone, to share that kiss, and to be in someone’s arms. I want to know that someone will be there for me no matter what, no matter when, and no matter where. I want to feel my heart beat fast when I see that special someone, and know that he's all mine. Is that too much to ask for? :(

Comments