The Perks of Being A Wallflower


Watched the advanced screening of The Perks of Being A Wallflower and I was teary-eyed throughout the movie.

Logan Lerman is one talented actor. I was really not expecting that. Sadly, Emma Watson’s crappy American accent and rehearsed lines only convinced me half the time but I suppose it was good enough and she’s nice to look at. I am in love with Ezra Miller. He did the most amazing job. It strayed from the book which I also wasn’t expecting since Stephen Chbosky wrote the screenplay/directed but it worked and it helps to think of the movie as its own entity, separate from the book. The way they portrayed “what happened” to Charlie was awesome. Throughout the movie, I laughed and cried and scoffed and held my face and squealed way more than is probably considered socially acceptable in a public space but who cares. It was amazing.

Will post more about this movie and the book when I can. Right now, I shall read The Perks again.

Comments