Art in the Park '13

Last Saturday was my first time to attend this art fair. It's a project of The Museum Foundation of the Philippines. Every year, this affordable art fair features paintings, sculptures, prints and photos priced at no more than P30,000. Its a fantastic way to learn about new artists, collect one of a kind artworks and just be exposed to different mediums.

I wasn't expecting the amount and diversity of artwork that was there. Nakaka-overwhelm ng slight, and I'm surprised na kahit ganun nabili parin ang painting ko. What struck me the most though was the diversity of people that was milling around. Sobrang iba-iba, sobrang kakaiba. I felt relaxed and at home. It felt familiar, and I knew that being different there didn't matter. Nakakatuwa. Parang chicken soup for my art soul. Anyway, Here are some of my favorite booths and pieces.
FEU IARFA's booth
Such a pretty and fun dolls! It’ll certainly brighten up any corner.
Mama & baby elephant, wood artwork by Jomike Tejido
Jazel Kristin makes art out of chopping boards.
Smoking Superstar by Krisa Brigo
Garapata Man by Dex Fernandez
Charon at your service.
Sampaguita by Pete Jimenez
Artsy friends! 
Higante creeper masks by Neo-Angono artists.
What I liked about the artworks were the concepts! The amazing concepts and how they were executed on canvas! AMAZING! 
There are just so many talented Filipino artists! So many! :)
This painting is so… alive. Look at the eyes!
I had so much fun, not just because of the artworks there but also with the people. Art in the Park gave chance to people from all walks of life to celebrate art in this one special event.

PS. To the person who bought my painting. Maraming Salamat! I'd like to meet you someday to thank you personally. :)

Comments